16th Annual Jr. Highlanders John Chekouras Youth Classic
January 29, 2022
Homestead High School - 5000 W. Mequon Road
Contact Tim Rautmann for details: firstname.lastname@example.org - 920-207-1517
2022 Teams TBD
Thank you for entering the 16th annual John Chekouras Youth Classic. The Jr. Highlanders Basketball Club appreciates your participation, and looks forward to a great day of basketball.
Please make note of the following tournament information:
Information will be released as teams are set.
WIAA rules will apply except as follows:
- Each game will consist of 13-minute halves, with the clock stopping on all whistles.
- Half time will be three (3) minutes long.
- 4 th , 5 th and 6 th grades will use a 28.5 size ball. 7 th and 8 th grades will use a full size ball
- Each team will be allowed three (3) 1-minute time outs per game. No carry over of time
- outs into the overtime period.
- Pressing at 4 th & 5 th grade is allowed only for the final two (2) minutes of each half. Full
- court pressing is allowed at all times in the 6 th , 7 th and 8 th grades. NO full court pressing
- is allowed by a team that is up by more than 15 points.
- No zone defense at 4th & 5th grade.
- In the event of a tie at the end of regulation, game goes into SUDDEN WIN. First team
- to score 4 (four) points is the winner. Bonus / super bonus carries over from OT. NO
- timeouts in Sudden Win period. Pressing is allowed at all grade levels.
- Technical fouls will be two shots and the ball. Two technicals on an individual during
- the tournament will mean TOURNAMENT disqualification for the individual.
An attempt will be made to allow 5 minutes between games.
- Admission fee of $5 per adult (18 and over), and $3 per student or senior. No charge for 6 and under.
- Concession stand will be available all day. PLEASE, NO CARRY-INS.
- Coaches are responsible for bench area clean-up after your game is complete. Each court will
- have a trash can for empty containers. Please take this responsibility seriously.
- Teams may be required to supply a scorer and / or time keeper for each game.
- Teams are responsible for providing their own First Aid kit. Ice will be provided as needed, but
- no trainer will be available.
- Ball dribbling, passing etc. is only allowed in the gym.